Thursday 10 March 2011

Riccardo Tisci has been confirmed for Christian Dior

No comments:
 

I know it's a little controversial, but I am going to miss seeing John Galliano's work with Dior. Riccardo Tisci, former Givenchy designer, has just been given the role, and I for one am somewhat disappointed. I mean, I can see why they chose him, but to me he seems a like a watered down version of Galliano. That will probably work in favour for Dior, making it more wearable to many, but to me it will lack the spectacle and sumptuous luxury that Galliano brought. I loved the theme driven shows, his matching outfits at the end of each and the general Dior dream that each person watching fell into...

The spectacle of Galliano for Dior and his matching ensemble




Now Chanel's shows will be almost unrivaled in this catagory, in my opinion. It's a shame. Here are some images of Tisci's work with Givenchy. Maybe his work will grow with the freedom to create at Dior, or will he dilute the image Galliano has created, or start something new? Maybe he has the ideas to create something innovative and completely different in terms of direction...at the moment I'm dubious. In the mean time, Galliano will be sorely missed from the design world, I'm hoping this whole thing is resolved somehow (I am not condoning what he said/did) but its a terrible loss to British Fashion to lose one of our home grown. 


Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy (above and below) - Diluted Galliano or promise of things to come?
All images from google images (various sites) and are not my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff